Saturday, December 11, 2010

I don't wanna brag, but I'm pretty awesome

I haven't sold anything as of yet, but I know that sales are coming to Boutique Angelique. (I'm not 100% settled on that name yet, some guy in Utah bought the .com domain like eight years ago and although there's still no website attached to it, I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of trying to buy it from him.) Anyway, as I was saying, I know that huge success, trade shows, red carpets and possibly my own reality tv show are coming. I feel it every time I look at the mounting inventory that I'm spending a ton of my own money creating without so much as one sale yet to cover the costs of the materials.

I was struck by inspiration once again this weekend after finishing up the mini Marie Antoinette crowns that my nieces are getting for Christmas, I created what I'm sure must be the worlds first top hat crown. Top hat tiara? Rhinestone top hat. Mini burlesque top hat made out of frikin rhinestones. I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, but tell me that isn't the most frikin ingenious and fabulous thing you've EVER HEARD OF! I know that people are going to want to buy these. If I hadn't just made it, I would want to buy it. I would spend a considerable amount of money for something so awesome.

So I am in a very exciting place right now. I have some re-photographing to do to improve how my item's photos tie in with an overall theme and feel to my Etsy store, and eventually my boutique website. I will have new inventory to list soon, and once I feel I've got the theme pulled together and a good amount of stuff listed, I will have some serious networking/advertising to do. There will be Girl Power Hours and other women's networking functions to attend, there will be pageants, drag shows, and burlesque schools at which to showcase my wares to a targeted audience. There will be tweeting.

I'm so excited right now, I'm so encouraged and uplifted. I had to blog about this feeling because I know that as any successful business owner will tell you, there will be darker times. Somewhere between today and the days to come of red carpets and reality tv shows, there will likely be times when I struggle to keep my head above water. There will likely be times when I think about giving up. I want this blog entry on record so that I can go back and remind myself of how much fun I had in the beginning, and how happy it made me to work toward making it big doing something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment